Let’s be straight with each other; Interviews can be a nervous affair. -Perhaps even a little intimidating because you’re not sure what to expect and you’re really keen on the role. But like all things in life with a little practice and prep, those initial nerves and trepidation can be overcome. It is after all; just a chat!
To start, you need to remember these four things; these are what we think are the basics to a successful interview.
- Be Social: You should demonstrate that you’d be a pleasure to work with.
- Be Professional: Think about the language you use.
- Be Human: You need to present yourself as genuine and trustworthy.
- Get the Details Right: From your outfit to your posture. Try and present you in the best possible light. Be confident, even if you’re not!
Now here are our top 10 Tips;
- Be prepared. Know about the company / organisation.
- Do arrive early. Theres nothing worse than being late!
- Quiz yourself in advance with practice questions. Why do you want this job etc / what are your best qualities
- Dress smartly.
- Do sit up straight and try and speak with confidence.
- Do make eye contact with everyone.
- Be yourself. You want to be authentic and genuine.
- Say why you want the job.
- Take your time with any answers.
- Do try to enjoy it!
You’ll find in most cases most employers and recruiters want the best from you, so relax – take a big breath and show the best of you! – Good luck x